About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Today's Flowers

Just a picture of Wild Roses I happened upon recently on a holiday weekend. One of the things I liked about them was how gracefully they are going about dying. Even with petals missing, leaves curling and changing colours and bare rosehips around, they still go dignified and gracefully to their demise. Fall is like that all around. Leaves dying, flowers wilting, trees becoming bare and stark against a fall sky, it does not pass soundlessly into the night. It goes out with a blaze of colour, rains down from the sky and carpets the earth, nurturing the soil in preparation for another spring. It all knows its not the end but really only a beginning. Really it is a beautiful thing.

No comments: