About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

To and From

Just a few thoughts running through my brain in the last little while so thought I would put them down here.
1) I got to thinking about the coming or going from place to place that I go to. I am either going to something or coming from something in my mind so I started paying some attention to it. For instance anytime I am leaving some place and heading for home I am always seeing it as going from where ever I am and going to home. Home is always the place I go to. Home is always the place that draws me from something to home. I don't know how much sense that makes but tonight in my brain it is crystal clear!!
2) I am in a Pasta coma right now or at least that is what it feels like. I don't get along physically with anything made of flour but every now and then I endulge the craving and try something like Pasta. I did that tonight, really felt like making Pasta for dinner, thouroughly enjoyed eating it and pretty well instantly felt like I had just eaten poison. I feel sluggish, like molasses is running through my bloodveins now. My joints ache, my fingers feel swollen, and my brain feels like its mis-firing. It reconfirms that I really should stay away from grains. Why do the things we love always seem to be the worst things we can do to ourselves???
3) I have just started reading Michael J Fox's new book called Always Looking Up. It had a saying at the start of one of the chapters that said " Even the Smallest Dog can pee on the Biggest Building" Wow, has that ever stuck with me and been in my thoughts. Sometimes I wonder whether the things I do can really make any difference. Sometimes I feel the effort of it but don't feel the results or it feels like all I do is bang my head against the proverbial brick wall. This little saying lets me see that I do make the difference. It was a good little shot in the arm when I was needing one.
4) Sometimes you have to do the things you need to do and if you do them they actually become the things you want to do. Need and want can become the same.

Just a few thoughts to mull over. Have a good one.

No comments: