About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Watery Wednesday

Every year Salmon come up the Fraser River to spawn. It is an annual migratory event that also brings the eagles out to feast on the salmon.
This salmon is barely alive, swimming sideways and upside down.

The salmon coming up the river are huge. In places the water seems to boil with them.


Part of a stream where salmon are swimming up.
For more pictures of Watery Wednesday, please visit http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/




4 comments:

Martha Z said...

That would be neat to see. I'm glad you shared this.

eileeninmd said...

That would be a cool sight to see, I sure there are plenty of birds hanging around looking for their dinner too.
Great photos.

Judy said...

I am so pleased to see your photos of it! The professional ones seem to leave out their emotions on the experience, where you have not.
Hope Scarf is doing better as she realizes that she has a forever home. She is a cutie!!

Jenna said...

That's really neat! I've never seen swimming salmon before!