About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Skywatch Friday

For this week's Skywatch Friday I am sharing a few pictures I took of the skyline of Victoria as seen in the Inner Harbour downtown.
Victoria is the capital city of British Columbia, located on Vancouver Island. It is surrounded by water on two sides, the southern most tip of the island. Lots of boating to be seen here!
It is also home of some of the Tall ships. I think this boat looks kind of cool up against the gloomy sky!!

And to give you an idea of how mild and balmy the weather here has been for the dead of winter, the trees are confused! Cherry blossoms are blooming. The weather has been warm, shirt sleeve weather.

For more pictures of Skywatch Friday and the skies around the glove, please go and visit http://skyley.blogspot.com/
( I have been having problems with picture sizing so please click on each picture to enlarge it, thanks!)

7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful skywatch photos and of the harbor! WOW, the cherry blossoms are blooming so soon?

Gwendolyn L said...

Great set of pictures. I like the tall ships photo. I like all the detail and the lines that you captured. Thanks for sharing.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Lovely shots. My favorite is the sky through the tree branches.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love the pictures of the masts and rigging.
I don't normally think of Canada as having a warm winter.

Tara R. said...

The harbor shots are wonderful. Those ships are amazing.

olivia said...

My first thought was the same as eileeninmd - wow, the cherry blossoms are out!! I'm so jealous ... :)

Anonymous said...

Love the kewl ship, dramatic sky and reflections in the first photo and the pink blossoms are lovely too!
hugs and blessings,