About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

One of my favorite foods to eat occasionally for breakfast is pancakes. I am not sure if its the pancakes or all the syrup I get to drown my pancakes in that I like the most and it is a food I would eat more of if it weren't for the fact that flour does not agree with me, or the syrup sticks to me if you know what I mean!!
So when I do make pancakes it is usually for a once in a blue moon treat and I like to make it different and therefore more memorable each time. Rather than just plain pancakes I like to jazz it up with different things to take it up a notch.
So this recipe above cantains Pumpkin and all the spices you would add to say, Pumpkin Pie!!

Pumpkin Pancakes
2 cups flour
3 TBSP. Brown sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Allspice
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Ginger
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 Cups Milk
1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1 Egg
2 TBSP. Oil
2 TBSP. Vinegar.
Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl. Combine all wet ingredients in another bowl.  Mix wet ingredients thouroughly and dump over top of dry ingredients. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until no lumps are left. Cook your pancakes on a griddle at approx. 350 degrees. Serve with butter and lots of Maple Syrup.
These pancakes are really good too with a couple of slices of Maple Smoked Bacon.
Just saying!!!

No comments: