About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Skywatch Friday

Last weekend at Pitt Polder Lake the sun was on its way down. I took this picture of the sky in colour but thought as well that the sky would look kind of awesome as well in Black and White.
I have been playing with the black and white feature of my camera lately, and trying all sorts of pictures with it. I think it makes the sky a bit more moodier and stormy.
To see more of Skywatch Friday photos, please visit http://skyley.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I think I like the B & W better too. Both are lovely.

The Write Girl said...

They are both amazing photos. I like color and absolutely love b&w.

Hildred said...

Beautiful tall stately trees, - black and white is quite dramatic, but I love the colour.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That was fun; stunning photos and a photography lesson to boot-- I don't know if I have that b&w feaature, but I'm going to check it out.

Unknown said...

the mono is dramatic but i love the light behind those trees in your first photo.

Dewdrop said...

Wonderful virga shots! (Virga is rain that doesn't make it to the ground.) Spectacular in B&W. Lovely.

VioletSky said...

The stark trees really add to the drama of the sky.

Regina said...

Beautiful photos. I think a sky with some drama and clouds look great in mono! These are both terrific.

Kcalpesh said...

You are right about the moody sky in the b&w mode! The pictures look stunning!

Pixellicious Photos

Laura said...

stunning shots. very dramatic with the black and white (and all those lovely grays in between!)