About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Skywatch Friday

The afternoon sky over Granville Island in Vancouver. Granville Island is a huge open Market and Novelty Stores. It is the home as well to several live theaters and also to Emily Carr University of Fine Arts.
This view is taken from the back of the Open Market. You can sit and enjoy meals of food bought in the Market.
This was taken last weekend. For more pictures of other skies of the world, please go and visit http://skyley.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

AL said...

Nice! I have never been there but would want to visit there someday!

Gemma Wiseman said...

The many stunning lines of the buildings seem to reach up to touch a quite ominous sky! Dramatic!

RogerB said...

I like the "pop" of the reds in the photo.

Laerte Pupo said...

Very nice composition: water, buildings and the sky.

Jim said...

Great sky. Great place.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Tarun Mitra said...

Great photograph, even cities can be beautiful

Hilda said...

Wow, that's a huge complex! Fresh seafood is always tempting. Happy SWF and have a great weekend!

Jossie said...

The buildings are almost touching the sky. Wonderful.

Dar said...

I'm a country gal but you captured the city so well that it makes me want to visit.
Have a fun weekend

Regina said...

Awesome skyline.
Great skywatch.

Carletta said...

I think the red and green accents of the buildings was well planned. The contrast against the skyline is beautiful!
Lovely shot!