About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Today's Flowers

A few flowers today for you that I took while visiting Bloedal Conservatory in Vancouver.


I think this is a Hibiscus flower. Please correct me if I am wrong!!


A few blossoms from a tree, not sure at all what kind they are, except pretty!!

I think this is a Lily of some sort. I like how the petals reach up and the flower's stamens go down.
To see other photos of Today's Flowers, please go and visit http://flowersfromtoday.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

Limarea said...

Beautiful flower shots! The second flower is a Hoya carnosa, in Sweden we call them porcelain flower :)

eileeninmd said...

They are all beautiful flowers and captures! Happy Sunday!

Carletta's Captures said...

Stunning shots!
Lovely blooms and vivid colors and captured beautifully!

i beati said...

second flower looks like a hoya but you sad tree interesting love to see entire tree..sk

Pat said...

That is a very unusual and lovely lily!

I think you're right about the first flower, that it's a hibiscus, a beautiful one, too.

Kim, USA said...

Those are gorgeous. And you are right the first one is hibiscus or in the Philippines we call it "Gumamela". The 3rd one is very pretty!


Purple blossom

carolina mts said...

Love the hibiscus! We had so many when we lived in Flordida!

Marilyn said...

Thanks for coming to see my Colorado flowers. Your lily is intriguing. I've never seen anything quite like it. Thanks for sharing. ♥♫

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Ms D: Great shots of the flower, your ID's are spot on.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures..
Lovely flowers with great colour.
Gisela

Average Girl said...

lovely photos!

lazyclick said...

Beautiful flowers. The Hibiscus flower is beautiful.

Rambling Woods said...

That does look like a lovely place to spend an afternoon as the flowers are so pretty....