About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Monochrome Weekly

I always find that old things make really good Black and White shots. We went to the Stave Lake Power Dam Museum today and found a few old things there to photograph.
No fancy chairs here, just basic office chairs that served thier purpose.

Both of my Grandmothers and my Aunt owned and cooked on a stove similar to this stove. My aunts frst stove that I remember was a wood stove she used to cook on and to heat her home. We kids used to fight over who got to add wood to the stove, but never over who got to clean the ashes out of it!!

The oven control was a slide lever you slid for one side to the other to set the oven temperature.
They don't make them like this anymore.
For more photos of Monochrome Weekly, please go and visit http://blackandwhiteweekend.blogspot.com/


1 comment:

Dragonstar said...

A very nice series. I particularly like the simplicity of the two chairs.