About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Friday, July 2, 2010

Skywatch Friday

We celebrated Canada Day yesterday with a Parade and Fireworks celebration in our town of Abbotsford yesterday. For Skywatch Friday, a few pictures taken at the Parade downtown.
The skies were grey and cloudy and a drizzly rain fell most of the day as well. Not the sunshine the weatherman hinted at!

For a small city such as Abbotsford, our parade was three hours long. Lots of entries to be seen.

Grey skies did not dampen the celebratory atmosphere of the crowds or the participants.


The Shriners, who do so much to raise funds for children with disabilities and their families, on their scooters. Even with the constant drizzle of rain, the streets remained dry.

Happy Canada Day to all!!
To see more photos of Skywatch Friday, please go and visit http://skyley.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Dani said...

oh, very colorful and beautiful.
Happy Canada day!
Have a joyful weekend!

Powell River Books said...

Thanks for stopping by my SWF post. I love a hometown parade. I came to Abbotsford for the airshow several times. It was always a great event. - Margy