About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Monday, August 2, 2010

My World Tuesday - Abbotsford Rodeo

Every year our city has a Agricultural/Recreational Fair and Rodeo. this year marked the 100th Anniversary of the fair. Lots to see and lots to do at the fair. Lots to eat as well!! These next pictures are all from the Rodeo. Hard to believe but this is only the second rodeo I have ever been too. And I have lived in this town for years....
The evening's events started with the Ladies Grand Entry and the singing of the National Anthem.

There is Ladies Barrel Riding.

This horse shyed away from the barrels and would not go around them.

There is Men's Bronco Riding. This guy did not last long!!

A 12 year old Cowboy riding a Broncing Bull.

And then there is Calf Roping.

The Calf that managed to slip past the rope!

Every Rodeo has to have a clown and the Clown even has a Horse.

The Mighty Tug of War.

This horse did not want to come out of the stall and do his thing. He just stood there.

And then finally, some Steer Catching, or whatever they would call it. Come along side of the steer and fall off your horse onto its head and flip it to the ground.
For more photos from My World, Tuesday, please go and visit http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Unknown said...

spectacular photos. reminds me of my rodeo-watching days.:p

EG CameraGirl said...

You took great photos of the happenings at the rodeo!

chasity said...

love the horse just standing in the stall...that's my kinda fella.
doin his own thing.
:)

anemonen said...

Colourful and great.

Georgianna said...

Terrific shots – you really captured the split-second timing! I've never been to a rodeo so this was an experience!