About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Macro Monday

Today, I went to a Book Signing for the famous author of the Outlander series. Diana Gabaldon was in town here in Mission at Black Bond books today. I love love love her Outlander series. I have all of the seven books of the series and today she was in town to sign her newest book, her first Graphic novel called The Exile. Every time she comes out with her newest book in the series I read all the previous books once again to refresh my memory on the story. I always learn something new that I missed the previous reads!!


I stood in the line up for over an hour waiting my turn to meet Diana and get my book signed.

And it was worth the wait!!

Here she is about to sign my book. So glad I brought my small camera along to get a photo!!
To see other photos of Macro Monday, please go and visit http://lisaschaos.com/

6 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Nothing better to me than having the author autograph the book!!! You now have a first edition too!!!

My macro is published. If you dare to find time today, I'd love to have you visit!

Here is the direct link to today's post

Betty Jo said...

How wonderful to have a favorite book signed by the author!

Jess said...

Wonderful! Books always seem so much more special with a mark of the author's pen inside.

Lisa Gordon said...

I love book shots, and these are wonderful!

Georgianna said...

Wow, wow – lucky you, Lorna!! I LOVE these books! I started reading them when the very first one was published in the early 90s and no one had heard of it. I was working at a literary agency and a review of it came across my desk– Scotland, time travel, I was so there! How exciting to meet her. Lovely photo of you two. :) – g

NatureFootstep said...

Now I got curious. I have to check if her books are sold here. :)