About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Straight out of the Camera Sunday

Yesterday, we went out to the White Rock Beach to see the Annual Polar Bear Swim in the ocean. I can't fathom why anyone would want to go swimming in the ocean in the middle of winter, but it sure was fun to see! I took a lot of pictures of the event, here are a few of them for you!
The start of the Polar Bear Swim.

Some people went out of the water faster than they went in!

People ran and dived right in. I guess they got over the shock of the cold faster that way.

Loved the Hairdo!

Some people splashing and playing in the water.

The huge white rock that the name for the Beach and Town came from. It is a magnet for people to climb!

Loved this couple. They were so into eating thier hotdogs no matter what was going on around them. Like the train speeding past them behind them!

Unleashed Poodle!

Pizza Boy!

All these festivities were happening on January 1 of the New Year so are also my entry for First of the Month, a new photo meme located at http://www.murrieta365.com/
You will also find Straight out of the Camera Sunday here at the same address, http://www.murrieta365.com/
I hope everyone had a great New Year!

9 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

Those are great pics...I am shivering just looking at the polar bear plunge. Had to laugh at the older couple eating their hot dogs...oblivious of everything else around them!

Jan said...

What a fun day, but I'm with you - too cold to go in the water. I've always thought it was a weird tradition.

Unknown said...

Wow! Those pics made me feel chilly but they sure made me smile. A real event, by all accounts! :-)

Thanks for your visit for Sooc

Dar said...

They do this here too, but have to first chizel a big hole out of the ice so fools can jump into the frozen lake waters. Crazy, crazy. Not for me., I'm cold all the time as it is.
Is that what they call ' Fools Rush In?'
BlessYourHeart

☆Mama Ko☆ said...

Ohh my gosh, it probably freezing and shivering to be in the water but what the heck for the sake of fun. No one seemed to bother the weather and everybody was having a blast

http://www.sheaky.com/2011/01/soocmymproject-365-week-1.html

EG CameraGirl said...

That would be such a shock to the system! Very cold!! It's an annual event here too...but not for me!

Anika said...

HA!! I have always wanted to see this.

Gemma Wiseman said...

A fun series of activities! Love the children's outfits! And I there is no way I'd be swimming in Winter!

Faye said...

Another town has a crazy polar bear dip--ours is in the Ohio River. Love how you've captured all the characters at this event. Hope those hot dogs were as good as the little couple were anticipating them to be!