About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Taco Seasoning Mix

I planned on making a Beef and  Black Bean Taco Dip for supper but didn't have any Taco Seasoning that the recipe called for, so decided to surf the net and find a recipe that I could make my own Taco Seasoning from.
I found this recipe on Allrecipes and did have to tweak it a bit to make it.
Taco Seasoning
1 TBSP. Chili powder
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1/4 tsp. Red Chili flakes
2 tsp. Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp. Oregano
1/4 tsp. Ground Garlic
1/4 tsp. Ground Onion Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper
Mix all of the ingredients together. Makes enough seasoning mix for 1 lb. of Ground meat.

I had to use Red Chili flakes rather than Cayenne pepper, and I also bumped up the Garlic as well. Can it ever be enough Garlic!!
I will find out later if this fits the bill! At supper time!

No comments: