About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Friday, January 28, 2011

The Weekend in Black and White

Here are a few photos of the deeply forested areas in Golden Ears Park in Maple Ridge, B.C.
It was a cloudy, rainy dismal day when these were taken.

The fog was low lying in the forest, lending an ethereal quality to the forest.
The thick mossy vegetation on the forest floor and moss all over lended to the gloomy quality the cloudy day held.

To see other photos of Monochrome, at The Weekend in Black and White, please go and visit http://blackandwhiteweekend.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

David said...

These are beautiful! The first one is my favorite with the 'arms' of that tree reaching out horizontally. This really balances all the vertical elements in such a pleasing treescape. Nice to capture this in one photo.
I also like the lighting off to the left side which makes the scene full of depth and beauty. Great set of photos.
David/ Houston :-)

Unknown said...

Whooo..
Cool monochrome.
It seems so spooooky being there.
Did you make a camp there?


~Greeting from Indonesia~

Laerte Pupo said...

beautiful photos.
I like tree photo.

Laura said...

feels so mysterious...like an enchanted forest. The light is wonderful!

Dragonstar said...

I love second one - ethereal is just the word I think. The branches in the first are something I've never seen. They seem so alive.

Gemma Wiseman said...

An enchanting atmosphere in these mystical trees! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

These are excellent in monochrome! The fog really adds to the gloominess. I suspect not much sun gets through in the summer.

Karen said...

Oh, these are beautifully eerie. I wouldn't want to be walking there alone.

Anonymous said...

Awesome and mysterious...beautiful photos.
/Halina