About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sepia Scenes

This is the main cemetary located in Medicine Hat. One day my sister and I strolled through the cemetary, and this is one of the photos of that day. Most of the more modern cemetaries nowadays do not allow a raised cemetary stone as it makes it more difficult to cut the grass on a regular basis. In days of cutbacks, now it is cheaper to just mow over the flat stones rather than having to edge around and mow around raised stones. Seeing a cemetary that does have stones leaves personal spaces for the families to add thier mementos and flowers to the gravesite in rememberance of thier loved one.

To see other photos of Sepia Scenes, please go and visit http://sepiascenes.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

ShonEjai said...

This is a beautiful photo. Well done!

Lisa-Marie Jordan said...

That's a beautiful photo! I love cemeteries, too!