About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Cherry Barbeque Sauce

MM3
Linking up with http://lisaschaos.com/

It is a good day here to barbeque. Summer seems to have arrived with the outdoor temp at 32 Celcius and you sure don't want to be using an oven and heat up the house any more than Mother Nature can!
I bought a huge bag of Okanagon Cherries yesterday and today made some Barbeque Sauce with them.
The recipe asked for 2 cups of pitted Cherries. (It took more actually because I kept eating them!)
A simple recipe of just combining all ingredients and simmering in a pot on the stove.
Here it is cooked in the pot, ready to be cooled and bottled.
I like my Sauce chunky but you can puree it if you choose.
I also add less Brown Sugar than the recipe calls for as I like less sweet, more of the fruit flavour!
Cherry Barbeque Sauce
1 onion, finely minced

4 cloves garlic, finely minced
Saute above in 2 tbsp. Butter.
Add:
2 cups pitted fresh cherries
1 cup Ketchup
1 heaped tsp. dried red chili flakes, or heat to taste
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/8 cup Cider Vinegar
1/8 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp Worcherstershire Sauce
2 tsp Ground Mustard powder
1/2 tsp. Ground Pepper
1/8 tsp. Liquid Smoke

Add all ingredients to lightly sauted onion/garlic mixture and simmer for 20 minutes uncovered till cherries are soft and mixture is thickened.
Stir in Juice and Zest of half lemon at end of cooking for that little added zing!
Photobucket
Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

8 comments:

January Zelene said...

looks so delicious..:)

Dropping by from Macro Monday…Zinnia

Jidhu Jose said...

yummmmmmmmy

101 Goals in 1001 Days

Stephanie said...

I love cherry anything! Very nice photos.

Karen said...

Oh, those cherries look luscious!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

looks so yummy! great captures of it ~

Kim, USA said...

Oh my gush this is yummy! I can't wait to pick cherries here in MI. I would surely made this one. ^_^ Easy and simple to cook! ^_^

Kim,USA

Pat said...

I love that big bowl of cherries!

Leah H. said...

That looks so good and so yummy!

Visiting for YS- hope you can stop by..

http://myrecipecollection.info/2012/07/garlic-mashed-potatoes.html